Monday, January 26, 2009

The Joys of Parenting

Hi All,

Tina and I are at our wits end with this whole lack of sleep thing we have going on with Hailey Rose at the moment. Last night was one for the ages as we put Hailey Rose down for the night at 8:30PM, only to have to fight with her until 11:30PM to get her to sleep. Although it was a painful and frustrating experience, in the end we got a great photo out of the deal that we can show her many years down the road.

All I can say is thank god for child safety gates. Tina and I were trying the tough love approach after several failed attempts to put Hailey to bed. Instead of rushing back upstairs to put her back to bed we left her alone to see if she would put herself back to bed. After a while it got very quiet upstairs and we thought we had secured victory only to find Hailey Rose fast asleep at the top of the stairs with her face pressed against the gate. I'm telling you, you just can't make this stuff up!

This is what I saw as I approached the stairs. I thought is she....



Yep, she's sleeping alright!
At this point I'm thinking, "she's as stubborn as I am!"




We finally put her to bed after the three hour struggle!

No comments: